Terms & Conditions
Your use of the GolfIt! website (the “Site”) is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read. The Site is managed by R&A Golf and Leisure Limited (“The R&A”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
By using the Site, you as a user (“you” and “your”) are accepting our terms and conditions. If you do not agree to our terms and conditions, you must not use the Site. We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
Your use of the Site is also subject to the following additional policies:
Our Booking Terms and Conditions will apply if you book an activity at a GolfIt! facility.
All material on the Site or made available via the Site (“Content”) belongs to us or to third parties who have allowed us to use and display their material. You may use the Content only for your personal, non-commercial use, and provided that you acknowledge the copyright owner. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content.
Information on this Site is posted in good faith and updated regularly. However, we cannot guarantee the completeness and accuracy of the information shown. We do not give any warranties or make any representations in respect of the Site. In particular, the Site is provided on an “as is”, “with all faults” and “as available” basis.
Access to our Site is provided on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and other applicable terms which also apply to the use of our Site, and that they comply with them.
So far as lawfully possible, we exclude all liability to you in contract or delict (negligence) (other than where negligence by us gives rise to personal injury or death) including without limitation:
- any implied conditions regarding the satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose of the Site;
- any express or statutory conditions relating to the Site; and
- any conditions or duties regarding accuracy or completeness of the Site.
Additionally, we make no representation that the Site is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties. Whilst we make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production, it is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from the Site.
We shall not be liable to pay any money to you by way of compensation for any loss suffered by you as a result of use of the Site including by way of example any loss of profits, loss of goodwill or reputation, or loss of anticipated savings.
The Site may contain links to other websites provided by both connected organisations and independent third parties (referred to in this paragraph as “Third Party Sites”), either directly or through frames (i.e. material which is taken from a third party site but which is shown as though it is part of the Site). Where possible, we will make clear where such links are being made. We are not responsible for the reliability or content of Third Party Sites and other than as expressly provided on this Site, shall not be a party to, or in any way be responsible for, any transaction concerning goods or services available from such Third Party Sites. The existence of links to other websites on this website should not be taken as endorsement of any kind of the other websites in question. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms and conditions; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of our terms and conditions relating to the acceptable use of our Site. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply constitutes a material breach of our terms and conditions, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- issue a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; and
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of our terms and conditions. The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the Content. All such rights are reserved. You must not use any part of the Content for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
These terms and conditions are governed by Scots law. If you are resident in the European Union, then as a consumer you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident.